The Chase Needs YOU
Thanks for your interest in this exciting event! An event of this size and scope is not possible without the assistance of hundreds of volunteers like you. Throughout the race weekend, you will provide integral support in every aspect of the event. More importantly, you will serve as an ambassador for your community and our state. From the starting line through exchange zones to the post-race party, we need your help!
The Bourbon Chase is no normal road race. No – this bad daddy covers 200-miles and runs for 2 days straight, not stopping when the sun goes down and the beautiful moon rises. You are welcome to volunteer all 36 hours of the race – we could use the help - but we kind of guess you may run out of juice.
Below you will find a brief description of the various job duties at exchange points along the relay route. In addition to help with the exchange points along the course, we need plenty of help at the start on Friday and the finish on Saturday.
Again, thank you for your interest in this exciting event. We look forward to having your help and appreciate your time and energy in making The Bourbon Chase a success.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AT LEG EXCHANGE POINTS
- Leg Coordinator – coordinates the logistics at the Exchange point by providing information to other volunteers on race day, troubleshooting and communicating with the Area Manager
- Parking – directs team vans in and out of parking locations
- Traffic Control – assists runners in road crossings at busy intersections
- Recorder – records runner bib numbers and times
- Spotter – notifies recorder of incoming runner bib numbers